Friday, November 26, 2010

Make A Neat Pencil Holder! - A Tutorial!

HEY CRAFTERS! :D

Well, today I saw that our paper towels were empty so I went to replace them and I decided to save the tube. After, I went online and I looked up paper towel tube crafts and I found a really neat craft! It's how to make your own paper towel tube pencil holder! It's very simple to do and I decided to have a crafting day with my little sister! So, please enjoy this tutorial and try to make your own paper towel tube pencil holder! :D

Materials needed:


  • Craft Sticks
  • Paint (Optional, you can paint your sticks if you want to!)
  • Bathroom Tissue Roll or Tin Can
  • Cardboard (For the bottom of your tube! I used clear tape to keep the bottom closed!)
  • Rubber Bands (To make sure the sticks stay in place until they dry!)
  • Craft Glue (I used hot glue)
  • Paint Brush
  • Scissors


1. First you need an empty paper towel tube

2. (Not Pictured) Cut the tube in half

3. Cover the bottom of the tube with cardboard or tape so the pencils won't fall out

4. Start gluing the sticks on

5. Let the glue dry

6. (Optional) Paint your sticks any color you want, or you can leave them the natural color

7. Put pencils in your new pencil holder!

8. Congratulations! You made your own pencil holder!



My pencil holder

My Sister's pencil holder

Thanks for reading! I will be sure to update when my sister finishes coloring hers! By the way, happy belated Thanksgiving everyone! I hope your turkeys were delicious! (The tutorial was found at this website: http://familycrafts.about.com/od/craftsticks/a/CraftStickVase.htm)

May your day be crafty,
Taylor Spades ♠

No comments:

Post a Comment